Bake this delicious traditional Christmas pudding and enjoy with the family this festive season.
Christmas Pudding Recipe
Delicious Christmas Fruity CakePin Recipe
- 900 g mixed, dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, sultanas, figs)
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 225 g butter plus extra for greasing
- 225 g brown sugar
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 150 ml brandy or whisky
- 100 ml orange juice
- zest of 1 orange or lemon
- green and red glazed cherries to decorate
- Pour the brandy and orange juice over dried fruit, cover and leave 24 hours.
- Use extra butter to grease two cake tins.
- Mix butter and sugar and add eggs one by one. Whisk.
- Add fruit, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Stir and add spices.
- Pour into cake pans, cover with foil.
- Place pans in a large oven pan with water and steam for four hours in the oven at 180°C/350°F or on the stove on low heat inside a large pot. Top up water if needed.
Calories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 268mgPotassium: 132mgFiber: 1gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 145IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!