These moist delicious mini chocolate pudding cakes recipe is amazing! It makes for the perfect dessert for children as well for adults the whole family will absolutely love these delicious treats.
Mini Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or milk
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Place 4 ramekins on a baking paper.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Prepare your cake, place the chocolate chips and oil in a large mixing bowl and microwave them for 45 seconds until chocolate is melted completely.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, sugar, and cocoa to the chocolate mixture and whisk them well.
- In another mixing bowl mix the flour and baking powder, then fold them gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the cake batter among the 4 ramekins.
- Divide the cocoa, sugar mixture sprinkling on top of the cake batter.
- Now carefully pour the boiling water onto the mixture, do not mix the layers.
- Place the baking paper in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes until cake rises to the top of the ramekin and looks set and cooked.
- It will puff a little and may deflate as it cools down.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or caramel sauce.