This recipe uses the unusual combination of chocolate and fresh pears to show you how to make a delicious tart. Please refer to the basic tart pastry recipe. Be sure to rate this delicious tart after trying it!
Chocolate Pear Tart
Put this lovely chocolate pear filling into our basic tart shell.Pin Recipe
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate grated
- 3 large firm, ripe pears
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup single light cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Use the recipe for a basic tart pastry to prepare a basic tart shell.
- Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the base of the tart shell.
- Peel, halve and core the pears. Cut in thin slices crossways.
- Arrange pear slices on top of chocolate resembling the spokes of a wheel.
- Whisk together the egg and egg yolk, cream and vanilla.
- Spoon over pears and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C (400°F), then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake for another 20 minutes until pears start to caramelize.
Calories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 10mgPotassium: 192mgFiber: 4gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 312IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!