Ganache is chocolate mixed with cream. It has a smooth, glazed texture that gives a sense of richness. Use this recipe to bake a delectable chocolate ganache cake.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe
An easy recipe for a delicious Chocolate Ganache cake.Pin Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- 20 ounces fine quality bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 3 eight inch cake pans with butter.
- Whisk together water, coffee powder and cocoa.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Beat together butter and sugar and add eggs one at a time.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a pan. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Transfer ganache to a bowl, cover and chill.
- Stir occasionally. It should thicken but must still be spreadable.
- It takes about 4 hours. If too thick, let stand at room temperature, if too runny, chill in fridge.
- Spread over first cake layer, add a layer, spread, then add third layer and spread.
- Let cake chill in fridge for about 1 hour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!