If you like banana bread as I do, then you will be in love with this chocolate chip banana bread recipe, you will not go wrong with this dessert.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- ½ cup butter unsalted, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas very ripe
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Butter a bread loaf pan.
- Using a medium-size mixing bowl, cream together ½ cup butter and ⅔ cup sugar, add 2 eggs beat them lightly.
- Using another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till there are chunky bits add them to the mixing bowl along with vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add to mixing bowl and mix well until all is mixed.
- Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips then transfer to the prepared bread pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick can come out clean.
- Leave the banana bread to rest for 10 minutes on a wire rack.