What a delicious Chocolate, caramel & Amarula cake! This Amarula cake recipe is a must try and definitely a good one as well. You can enjoy this cake as a teatime snack, but it won’t be suitable for kids.
Chocolate, Caramel & Amarula Cake
This delicious chocolate Amarula cake will nock those taste buds out!Pin Recipe
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup Amarula
- 1 can caramel treat
- 2 cup cream beaten
- 1 flake chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa and water together mix the cocoa till well blended. Leave to cool down.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until thick and creamy, add the cocoa mixture and whisk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix together the egg mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the test pin comes out clean.
- Make the syrup 5 minutes before the end of baking time, boil the sugar and water together for 4 to 5 minutes, remove from the stove and mix in the Amarula.
- Once the cake is done, press holes into the cake using a fork pour the Amarula mixture over the top and let it cool down.
- Remove the cake from the pan and put the caramel, beaten cream and flake on top.
Calories: 737kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 10gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 380mgPotassium: 352mgFiber: 2gSugar: 72gVitamin A: 1096IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 266mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!