This recipe makes one of the most delicious, moist chocolate cakes ever. I have no doubt that you will enjoy this chocolate cake very much. However, it is a relatively small cake and you will have to double ingredients if you maybe want to make a three-layer cake of it. Also, remember to make more icing if you decide on a larger cake.
Let your imagination run wild in decorating this cake. It is delicious if you add fresh, whipped cream on top of the layers of icing – both in the middle and on top – and then grate minty chocolate over the cream.
Moist and chocolate cake
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 45 ml hot water
For the icing
- 200 grams soft butter
- 30 ml cocoa powder mixed with a teaspoon hot water
- 400 grams icing sugar
- Mix sugar and butter together.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix cocoa with the water and add.
- Mix with an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients little by little, adding milk as it gets too thick.
- Whip up egg whites into a foam.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Divide mix into two greased round baking pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool down completely while preparing the icing.
For the icing
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together.
- Add the smooth cocoa powder mix.
- Spread a thick layer between the two (cooled down) layers of cake.
- Add another layer of icing on top of the cake and on the sides.
- You may add chocolate curls or any decorative vermicelli or serve as is.
We hope you enjoyed this chocolate cake recipe!