Surprise your family with this delicious whole chicken prepared with orange. Dish it up with couscous, rice, wheat, or mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Chicken with Orange
This is a delicious recipe for a whole chicken cooked with orange.Pin Recipe
- 1 whole chicken cleaned
- zest of 2 oranges
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50 ml orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 100 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Apply salt and pepper on the chicken - inside and out.
- Loosen the breast skin from the meat using your fingers.
- Place one orange in the abdomen of the chicken.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, orange juice, and zest.
- Spread half of the mix over the chicken breast area under the skin.
- Rub the rest of the mix over the rest of the chicken.
- Place chicken in an oven pan. Cover and bake for 70 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
Calories: 477kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 29gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 250mgPotassium: 308mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 733IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!