This delicious butter chicken with naan bread recipe is one to have saved. Quick and easy to put all together to have on a cold winter night.
Butter Chicken with Naan Recipe
- 400 gram chopped tomatoes
- 1 long green chili deseeded optional
- 2.5 cm piece ginger grated
- 80 gram butter unsalted
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 2 tsp Indian spice mix
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 4 large naan bread
- coriander to serve
- lemon wedges to serve
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 120 gram greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp tandoori paste
- 40 gram butter unsalted, melted
- Using a medium-size bowl, for the tandoori chicken toss the chicken with juice and 1 tsp salt together and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, garlic, and tandoori paste to the chicken and stir till all is coated well, then cover and marinate in the fridge for2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Drain your chicken, place on a wire rack over a baking pan filled with water, brush with melted butter then bake for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add the tomato, chili, and ginger in a blender and whiz to a smooth paste.
- Melt half of the butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground cumin, and paprika stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer, stirring for 10 minutes till thickened.
- Add the cream, and chicken to the sauce then stir in remaining butter until melted.
- Stir in the Indian spice mix, cumin, and salt, add the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and most of the cucumber together and season.
- Top the naan bread with butter chicken, yogurt, coriander, and remaining cucumber then roll up and serve with lemon wedges.