This delicious butter chicken with naan bread recipe is one to have saved. Quick and easy to put all together to have on a cold winter night.
Butter Chicken with Naan Recipe
- 400 gram chopped tomatoes
- 1 long green chili deseeded optional
- 2.5 cm piece ginger grated
- 80 gram butter unsalted
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 2 tsp Indian spice mix
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 4 large naan bread
- coriander to serve
- lemon wedges to serve
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 120 gram greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp tandoori paste
- 40 gram butter unsalted, melted
- Using a medium-size bowl, for the tandoori chicken toss the chicken with juice and 1 tsp salt together and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, garlic, and tandoori paste to the chicken and stir till all is coated well, then cover and marinate in the fridge for2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Drain your chicken, place on a wire rack over a baking pan filled with water, brush with melted butter then bake for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add the tomato, chili, and ginger in a blender and whiz to a smooth paste.
- Melt half of the butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground cumin, and paprika stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer, stirring for 10 minutes till thickened.
- Add the cream, and chicken to the sauce then stir in remaining butter until melted.
- Stir in the Indian spice mix, cumin, and salt, add the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and most of the cucumber together and season.
- Top the naan bread with butter chicken, yogurt, coriander, and remaining cucumber then roll up and serve with lemon wedges.
We hope you enjoyed this Butter Chicken with Naan Recipe!
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest