Chicken sosaties are great to enjoy with a South African style braai (barbeque) or baked in the oven served with veggies or salads as a main dish.
Chicken Sosatie Recipe
Mouth water chicken kebabs.Pin Recipe
- 2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut into 3 x 3cm cubes
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- dried apricot pieces
- large white onion and green pepper chunks
- 8 skewers
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken, apricot, onion and green pepper pieces and skewers.
- Put chicken in marinade and allow to stand for 12 hours.
- Skewer chicken cubes adding apricot, onion and green pepper in between.
- Braai over coals for about 5 minutes in a closed grid or oven bake for 20 minutes in a closed dish, and grill afterwards for 1 - 3 minutes.
Calories: 262kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 24gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 366mgPotassium: 333mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 121IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!