Easy chicken salad recipe. This delicious chicken salad offers a few varieties. It is sufficiently filling and satisfying to be eaten on its own as a lunch. Follow this recipe to see how to make this delicious chicken salad.
Quick and easy chicken saladPin Recipe
- 500 grams cooked chicken cubed
- 120 grams Gruyére cheese diced
- 4 stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 1 lettuce washed and separate into leaves
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 12,5 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 ml grated lemon rind
- 1 ml paprika
- 2 ml salt
- 2 ml pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs shelled and sliced
- 4 stuffed green olives sliced
- 4 black olives
- Mix the crushed garlic and the oil and toss the pieces of chicken into this.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and chicken.
- Blend the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon rind, paprika, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on individual salad plates and pile the chicken and cheese mixture on them with celery on top.
- Coat with the mayonnaise and garnish with the sliced hard-boiled eggs, stuffed olives, and black olives.
- Chill well before serving.
- Mix 120 grams canned tuna, flaked, with the chicken instead of the cheese.
- Use strips of red and green pepper instead of the celery.
- Use chopped canned asparagus and raisins soaked in hot water for 15 minutes instead of the celery.
Calories: 631kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 44gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 716mgPotassium: 541mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1300IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 289mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this chicken salad recipe!