Chicken SoupPin Recipe
- 600 gram chicken pieces
- 2 ribs celery cut into 1.2cm (½inch) lengths
- 2 carrots scraped and cut into 1.2cm (½inch) lengths
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- ½ tsp whole thyme leaves
- 1 small clove
- 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- ¾ cups noodles
- Place chicken pieces, celery, carrot, onion, hot water, bouillon cubes, and salt in a glass casserole.
- Wrap the bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme leaves, and clove in a square of washed cheesecloth or washed undyed cotton or linen.
- Tie herb bundle with string and add to the casserole.
- Cover and microwave at full for 14 minutes, and then medium for 28 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the soup.
- Cover and microwave at medium for 7 minutes. Let soup stand for 10 minutes longer, or until noodles are completely tender.
- Remove chicken meat from the bones before serving, if desired.
- Discard herb bundle.
Calories: 293kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 22gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 1164mgPotassium: 384mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 5267IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!