Chicken Livers are a great source of high protein, iron, and certain vitamins. You can have this lovely meal just like it is, just a few can go a long way.
Chicken Liver Recipe
- 500 grams chicken liver
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gram butter
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tbsp Marjoram
- 2 tsp black pepper crushed
- 1 tomato
- 5 bacon finely sliced (for smoky taste)
- ⅓ glass white wine
- pinch of salt
- Wash the chicken livers, get rid of the fat if it has, and cut them in half.
- Pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut half the onions and slice them.
- Slice the bacon finely.
- Take a big frying pan, heat the oil and butter put the sliced bacons, and fry until it is golden.
- Then you can add the sliced onions and stir fry for another few mins until gets tender.
- You can turn down the heat now and add the chopped tomato (for the juice), and the livers.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 mins. Careful the livers can splash if they are wet!
- Check and stir the livers. You can add the crushed black pepper, the wine, and the marjorams.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Wait with the salt! It goes only at the end!
- You will see a kind of stew in your pan. Now you can turn up the heat again and stir the stuff and let it thicken a bit.
- Now it is time to check the livers. Stab them with a knife.
- If there's no blood coming out from the liver, it means they are ready.
- Do not overcook the livers, they become hard.
- If the liver is soft and ready, you can turn off the heat and add the rest of the marjorams, and season with the salt.
- Salt must be the last one for the liver!
- To serve, you can make boiled rice or serve with fresh white bread. If you have fresh parsley at home, you can chop a littre for dressing.
- I can assure you, your family will like it! You can try it with a little pickles too.