Chicken Liver PatePin Recipe
- 500 gram chicken livers halved
- 250 gram butter or margarine
- 1 small onion finely, chopped
- 60 ml dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic pressed or finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- pinch ground cloves or allspice
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a glass casserole. Cover, and microwave at medium for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the liver is done to taste, stirring twice.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the serving container and cover securely.
- Chill until firm, serve with crackers or toast.
Calories: 618kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 22gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 34gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 566mgSodium: 928mgPotassium: 344mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 15413IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!