A delicious, very easy to follow South African favourite recipe for chicken feet. Also known as Maotwana.
Chicken Feet Recipe (maotwana)
One of South Africa's favourite dishesPin Recipe
- 1 kg chicken feet
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tsp mild and spicy curry
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove scales. Clean and rinse chicken feet.
- Put in a pot with 2 cups of water. Boil for 30 minutes or until skin will peel off like a glove. Peel, rinse.
- Put in a clean pot with another 2 cups of water.
- Add other ingredients.
- Cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 40gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 541mgPotassium: 165mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!