A very easy chicken curry recipe that shows you how to make chicken curry to enjoy with the whole family. Although a bit expensive with the cream and brandy, this is a delicious chicken curry recipe to be served with ordinary or basmati rice or on roti. If you prefer, leave out the raisins. It takes just over an hour to prepare.
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1,5 kg chicken cut in pieces
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 125 ml raisins
- 125 ml desiccated coconut
- 12,5 ml cornflour
- 25 ml oil
- 25 ml butter melted
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml single cream
- 12,5 ml brandy
- 25 ml curry powder
- 10 ml turmeric
- 10 ml ground coriander
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch sugar
- 10 ml salt
- Fry the chicken pieces and onions in the oil and butter in a large saucepan until golden brown.
- Combine the stock, salt, curry powder, turmeric, coriander, raisins, coconut, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Transfer the chicken, onion and pan juices to a large casserole and then pour the curry mixture over.
- Bake, covered, in the oven at 160ºC (320ºF) until tender, about 1 hour.
- Mix together the cream, cornflour, and brandy in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring all the time until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with boiled rice.
We hope you enjoyed this curry recipe!