Chicken Cordon Bleu is a flat piece of chicken breast topped with ham and cheese, rolled, then crumbed and cooked. The tasty sauce goes well with the crumbed outside.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices ham
- 4 oz Swiss cheese
- 3 tblsp melted butter
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp Worcester sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350°F).
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼ inch thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top each breast with 1 slice of ham and 1 oz of cheese.
- Roll up in a roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine garlic and butter in a dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and thyme separately.
- Dip each chicken roll in butter and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small pan.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and milk bit by bit and keep stirring until smooth.
- Add chicken stock, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over chicken.