This chicken burger recipe is better than bought burgers, You may replace chicken fillets with bought, frozen, crumbed chicken patties.
Chicken Burger Recipe
Delicious chicken burgerPin Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into two flat pieces.
- 4 burger rolls cut open
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp spice for chicken
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml mayonnaise
- 60 ml sweet chilli sauce
- lettuce leaves
- 4 canned pineapple rings optional
- 4 slices processed cheese optional
- Use a steak tenderising hammer to beat the half fillets slightly flatter and bigger.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle over oregano, paprika, chicken spice, salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, add oil and sear fillets on both sides.
- Turn heat slightly down and fry for about another 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Mix mayonnaise with chilli sauce and spread over bottom halves of buns.
- Add lettuce and top with chicken fillet.
- If you prefer, add a slice of cheese on top of each fillet.
- If preferred, top with a pineapple ring. Cover with top half of bun.
Calories: 333kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 8gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 811mgPotassium: 94mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 242IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 298mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!