Bunny chow is a very popular Indian cuisine in South Africa. Here is a recipe for a chicken bunny chow.
Chicken Bunny Chow RecipePin Recipe
- 1 kg chicken with bone
- 4 large onions finely chopped
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1½ tsp ground fennel
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- 4 baby potatoes
- 100 g tomato paste
- 250 g tomato puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 half bread loaves hollowed out
- Fry the garlic and onions in oil until brown.
- Add green chillies. Then turmeric, fennel, cumin and other powdered spices.
- Add chicken and saute for about 3 minutes. Add potatoes.
- Add tomato paste and puree and cook for about 40 minutes, adding enough water to form a nice gravy.
- Dish up in the hollowed out bread halves.
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 919mgPotassium: 972mgFiber: 7gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 714IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!