Make this chicken and dumplings for a satisfying main meal. The dumpling absorbs some of the chicken gravy and is therfore flavoured quite nicely.
Chicken and Dumplings RecipePin Recipe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp spice for chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- Fry onions and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken and brown somewhat.
- Add stock, celery and spices and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix together melted butter and dry ingredients.
- Add milk. The batter should be runny.
- Put spoonfuls of batter over the chicken.
- Add a lid and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes.
Calories: 716kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 43gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 895mgPotassium: 740mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3848IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 104mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!