This cauliflower au gratin recipe will show you how to put a final, yummy touch to cauliflower as a vegetable dish that does not always appeal to children’s palates. They should really enjoy it served this way – and you may even sneak in broccoli in between the cauliflower florets. The sauce and cheese make it very palatable.
Cauliflower au gratin
- 500 grams cauliflower
- 1 liter water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients as per our Recipe for White Sauce
- 50 grams cheese
- Wash the cauliflower and divide into large florets.
- Boil in saltwater for 5 minutes. It should still be reasonably firm.
- Put into a greased dish.
- Prepare the white sauce using our Recipe for White Sauce, but prepare only a quarter the quantity of the given recipe, in other words, use only 250 ml milk.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
We hope you enjoyed this cauliflower au gratin recipe!