This cauliflower au gratin recipe will show you how to put a final, yummy touch to cauliflower as a vegetable dish that does not always appeal to children’s palates. They should really enjoy it served this way – and you may even sneak in broccoli in between the cauliflower florets. The sauce and cheese make it very palatable.
Cauliflower au gratin
This cauliflower au gratin recipe will refer you to our Recipe for White Sauce.Pin Recipe
- 500 grams cauliflower
- 1 liter water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients as per our Recipe for White Sauce
- 50 grams cheese
- Wash the cauliflower and divide into large florets.
- Boil in saltwater for 5 minutes. It should still be reasonably firm.
- Put into a greased dish.
- Prepare the white sauce using our Recipe for White Sauce, but prepare only a quarter the quantity of the given recipe, in other words, use only 250 ml milk.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
Calories: 65kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 4gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 335mgPotassium: 309mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 48mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this cauliflower au gratin recipe!