This rich and fudgy stuffed caramel brownies recipe is the way to everyone’s heart, every layer is filled with a sweet and sticky caramel bite.
Delicious Caramel Brownies Recipe
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder optional
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 caramel candies unwrapped
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 caramel candies unwrapped
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8) square pan with foil or baking paper, leaving a couple of cm (inches) to overhang on two sides.
- Lightly grease the foil or baking paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl, blend the cocoa, sugar, salt, flour, espresso, and chocolate chips.
- Whisk until well blended. Add the eggs, oil, water, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until blended.
- Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place your 25 caramel candies and 2 tbsp cream in a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Cook in 20 to 30 seconds intervals, stirring continuously until the caramel candies are melted and completely smooth.
- Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel sauce.
- I usually drop spoonfuls of batter all around the pan and then carefully spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until brownies are baked through but still fudgy.
- Be careful not to over bake, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool down for 30 minutes before topping it.
- Microwave caramel candies and cream until melted and smooth.
- After the brownies have cooled down for 30 minutes, dribble the topping over the whole pan of brownies.
- Immediately sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Allow the brownies to finish cooling on the cooling rack.
We hope you enjoyed this Caramel Brownies Recipe!
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest