This rich and fudgy stuffed caramel brownies recipe is the way to everyone’s heart, every layer is filled with a sweet and sticky caramel bite.
Delicious Caramel Brownies Recipe
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder optional
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 caramel candies unwrapped
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 caramel candies unwrapped
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8) square pan with foil or baking paper, leaving a couple of cm (inches) to overhang on two sides.
- Lightly grease the foil or baking paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl, blend the cocoa, sugar, salt, flour, espresso, and chocolate chips.
- Whisk until well blended. Add the eggs, oil, water, and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until blended.
- Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place your 25 caramel candies and 2 tbsp cream in a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Cook in 20 to 30 seconds intervals, stirring continuously until the caramel candies are melted and completely smooth.
- Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel sauce.
- I usually drop spoonfuls of batter all around the pan and then carefully spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until brownies are baked through but still fudgy.
- Be careful not to over bake, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool down for 30 minutes before topping it.
- Microwave caramel candies and cream until melted and smooth.
- After the brownies have cooled down for 30 minutes, dribble the topping over the whole pan of brownies.
- Immediately sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Allow the brownies to finish cooling on the cooling rack.