This delicious salad can be enjoyed with chicken or most meals. This Caesar salad recipe is very easy to follow and does not need a lot of fresh produce. Use this Ceasar salad recipe to make a leafy salad with dressing to serve with main dishes or to enjoy as a light lunch snack with a chicken breast.
- 1 one-minute coddled egg
- 2 heads cos lettuce broken into large pieces
- 4 slices toast cut into 2,5 cm squares
- 50 ml Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 juice of lemon
- 25 ml garlic oil
- 7 ml Worcester sauce
- 75 ml French dressing
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic oil, Worcester sauce, French dressing, and coddled egg and blend well.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl, add the pieces of toast. freshly ground black pepper to taste and the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the salad dressing over and toss until all the lettuce leaves are coated and no excess dressing is left at the bottom of the bowl. Serve at once.
- Use croutons or herb croutons instead of the toast.
- To make garlic oil, cut 1 clove garlic into 25 ml olive oil and leave for 2 hours. Remove garlic.
- A coddled egg is a soft-boiled egg that has been broken up with a fork.