This recipe will send South Africans down memory lane to our home cooked Sunday lunches with lovely roasts, rice, sweet pumpkin and cabbage prepared with potatoes and onion.
Cabbage with Potatoes
Delicious cabbage and potatoesPin Recipe
- 4 cups cabbage sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium potato
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Cook potato on 100% in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cool, peel and cut up chunks with cabbage into a pot.
- Cut up onion into the pot. Add water.
- Cook together cabbage, potato and onion until all is soft.
- Drain excess water and add butter, salt and pepper.
- Mash together.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over.
Calories: 54kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 41mgPotassium: 160mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 157IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!