This recipe for Bread Pudding with Pecan Nuts is a version of the classic British bread pudding with pecan nuts instead of raisins. Lovely when served warm with maple syrup and cream of just with custard.
Bread Pudding with Pecan Nuts
- 1⅔ cups milk
- 1⅔ cups light cream
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange rind grated
- 24 slices French loaf 1 day old, 1 cm thick
- ½ cup pecan nuts toasted, chopped
- confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- Put 1½ cups cream and 1½ cups milk in a pan. Add sugar.
- Heat and dissolve sugar over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add eggs, orange rind and vanilla.
- Arrange bread slices in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle over ⅔ of the nuts.
- Arrange rest of the bread over first layer and sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- Pour over the egg mix. Allow to soak for 30 minutes. Use the rest of the milk and cream if the bread appears dry on top.
- Bake in an oven for 40 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm with custard or with maple syrup and cream.
We hope you enjoyed this Bread Pudding with Pecan Nuts recipe.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest