By baking this mouth-watering bread-and-butter pudding, you get to utilize your stale bread which you have no other use for. This dessert is extremely satisfying, especially on cold winter nights. This pudding originated in the United Kingdom where they like to flavor it with nutmeg. You may add some if you like.
Mouth-watering bread-and-butter pudding
- 4 slices stale white bread 2cm thick thickly buttered
- 2 eggs
- 190 ml seedless raisins
- 750 ml milk
- 125 ml sugar
- 1 ml salt
- Arrange the slices of bread in a greased ovenproof baking dish, buttered sides down.
- Sprinkle with the raisins.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then stir in the sugar, salt, and milk.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread and raisins and leave for 30 minutes to soak through.
- Bake in the oven at 160ºC (320°F), covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with golden syrup, honey or moskonfyt.
We hope you enjoyed this bread-and-butter pudding recipe!