This recipe shows you how to prepare a lovely savoury bread to serve with butter as a side dish to complement your barbeque (braai).
Braaibroodjie (Braai Bread)
Crispy braaibroodjie to enjoy with your mealPin Recipe
- 500 g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 packet white or brown onion soup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a bread pan.
- Mix all ingredients together, cheese last.
- Place into greased pan and bake for approximately 1 hour.
Calories: 429kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 17gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 435mgPotassium: 214mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 328IUCalcium: 264mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!