Cooked blueberries are something quite special because when they cook they release a sublime sweetness and their flavor changes completely. This blueberry and cream cheese hotcake once garnished with the cream cheese, tastes a bit like blueberry cheesecake.
Blueberry and cream cheese hotcakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1⅓ cups ricotta
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- pinch of salt
- 180 grams frozen blueberries
- 50 grams butter
- 200 grams cream cheese
- Combine all flours, ricotta, milk, baking powder, egg yolks, and salt in a bowl blend well, then add the blueberries through the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the mixture in two batches.
- Warm a pan to medium heat and melt the butter, fry the hotcakes in batches of three, using roughly two tablespoons of batter per hotcake.
- Top each hotcake with cream cheese as it comes off the heat.