This is a recipe for a summer trifle dessert using a variety of delicious, healthy berries. You may swap the ladyfingers for sponge cake.
A recipe for a trifle pudding, using berries.Pin Recipe
- 100 grams raspberries
- 100 grams strawberries chopped
- 100 grams gooseberries halved
- 100 grams blueberries
- 2 packets raspberry jelly
- 2 packets Boudoir biscuits (ladyfingers)
- 50 ml port or sherry
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 1 litre prepared custard
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 400 ml boiled water
- 400 ml cold water
- Use boiled water to dissolve jelly.
- Add cold water to the jelly. Add port or sherry.
- Mix the berries into the jelly.
- Dip ladyfingers into the jelly and pack a single layer into a glass bowl or dish.
- Spead some berries over the soaked biscuits.
- Cover in custard and add a thin layer of cream.
- Spread over some flaked almonds.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with remaining cream and nuts. Garnish with a few berries.
Calories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 8mgPotassium: 183mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 206IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!