Beef sosaties (kebabs) are very popular at a South African style braai (barbeque). Serve with pap, salads, or fresh rolls.
Beef Sosatie Recipe (Kebabs)
Very easy Beef Sosatie.Pin Recipe
- 1 kg beef, deboned cut in 3 x 3cm cubes
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp chutney
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- dried apricot pieces
- onion and green pepper squares
- 6 skewers soak in water for 30 minutes
- Mix all ingredients together, except meat, onion and green pepper squares and apricot pieces.
- Put meat in marinade and allow to stand for 12 hours, covered.
- Skewer, putting onion and green pepper squares, apricots between meat cubes.
- Braai over coals for up to 20 minutes, turning occasionally in a closed grid.
Calories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 511mgPotassium: 214mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 662IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!