Enjoy this lovely beef goulash with freshly baked bread on a cold winter’s night.
Beef GoulashPin Recipe
- 907 grams stewing beef cut in 2.5cm (1 inch) cubes
- 3 to 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream optional
- Place stewing beef in a medium size casserole.
- Peel tomatoes, and remove the cores.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks. Place in casserole with stewing beef, tomatoes, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the mixture lightly.
- Cook, covered for 30 - 40 minutes, or until stewing beef is tender. Stir occasionally during cooking time.
- If desired, stir sour cream into the mixture and let stand, covered for 5 minutes.
Calories: 460kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 53gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 732mgPotassium: 1107mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1129IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!