A very popular dish in South Africa. This beef bunny chow recipe is very easy and quick to make.
Beef Bunny Chow Recipe
Try this recipe for a lovely informal Indian cuisine.Pin Recipe
- 1 kg tenderised steak cubed
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1½ tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 curry leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamoms slightly crushed
- 4 tsp Durban masala
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 8 baby potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 half bread loaves hollowed out
- Fry the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, onion and curry leaves in the oil.
- Add masala mix, turmeric, ginger, garlic and tomato and cook until a puree.
- Add the meat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and ¼ cup water.
- Cook for about 30 minutes and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Dish up in half loaf. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Calories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 737mgPotassium: 757mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 154IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!