Use this Béarnaise Sauce Recipe to make a special sauce to be enjoyed with meat or fish. Tarragon is a less well-known herb. This is a very easy to follow recipe.
Creamy and delicious saucePin Recipe
- 120 grams butter soft, cut in pieces
- 37,5 ml wine or tarragon vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 ml parsley finely chopped
- 20 ml fresh tarragon finely chopped
- 12,5 ml hot water
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml salt
- Place the parsley and tarragon in the top of a double-boiler together with the wine or tarragon vinegar and boil over direct heat until the liquid is reduced to approximately 30 ml.
- Remove from the stove and whisk in the egg yolk and hot water.
- Place the top of the double-boiler over simmering water in the bottom half.
- Add the butter, little by little, stirring all the time.
- Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- Season with salt and a little lemon juice and use immediately.
- Serve with grilled meat or fish.
Calories: 5kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 14mgPotassium: 4mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 30IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this Béarnaise Sauce recipe!