This basic egg omelette recipe tells you how to make a light Omelette in which you can put the filling of your choice. You will notice that you are not instructed to turn the omelet before filling it. If, however, you prefer your inside to be cooked, flip the whole omelet over before filling it.
The best Egg Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- 15 ml water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Beat two eggs together using a mixer or fork.
- Add the water and mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt the butter in it. Cover the pan surface with the butter.
- Slowly pour in the egg mix.
- Fry for 2 - 3 minutes until it starts getting dry on top.
- Spread grated cheese or other filling over the half of the omelette.
- Flip the other half over the filling and bake for another minute.
- Slide out onto a plate and add salt and pepper to taste.
We hope you enjoyed this basic egg omelette recipe!