Delicious baked moussaka to enjoy with the whole family!
Banting Moussaka RecipePin Recipe
- 500 grams gound beef (mince)
- ½ cup peppers (green, red or yellow) chopped
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 eggplants (aubergine or brinjal)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Spice for Mince
- 3 tsp cottage cheese
- 1 ring feta cheese
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese grated
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut eggplant into 1cm thick slices.
- Salt the slices and leave for 25 minutes.
- Fry onion in some oil until brown. Add meat and fry.
- Add spices, mushrooms and peppers.
- Cook until done - approximately 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry eggplant slices.
- Brush with oil and bake for 20 minutes, while preparing white sauce.
- Prepare a white sauce by simmering cream, feta and cottage cheese until thick.
- Layer egg plant, mince and white sauce and repeat.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
Calories: 524kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 17gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 390mgPotassium: 215mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1492IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 460mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!