A very day to follow recipe for the tastiest banana pudding. A delicious treat for the kids as well as the adults! This makes for the perfect dessert to enjoy after your main meal!
Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 can whole milk
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 cups cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 bananas sliced into coins
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, vanilla pudding mix, and condensed milk together.
- Whisk properly, making sure that the lumps break up. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes, or until set.
- In another large bowl, combine the heavy cream and vanilla essence. Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Only using half of the mixture fold into the pudding mixture, setting aside the other half for topping the dish.
- Cover the bottom of a ¾ trifle dish with vanilla wafers.
- Top with ⅓ of the pudding mixture, cover with another layer of wafer cookies, you also may want to stand some cooking upright.
- Top with an even layer of banana slices. Continue layering the pudding, wafer cookies, and bananas slices until you reach the top ending it off with a final layer of banana pudding.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or even overnight is best.
- Sweeten the remaining whipped cream, add sugar to whipped cream stirring to combine.
- Just before serving, dollop on top of the banana pudding then sprinkle crumbed wafer cookies on top.