A classic baked cheesecake recipe. This simple baked cheesecake is absolutely delicious. To reduce the cost a little, you may replace one-third of the cream cheese with slightly cheaper cottage cheese. If you can make your own cream cheese, it is not expensive at all. You may top it with fruit but there is nothing wrong to serve it plain or with a small dollop of cream.
Classic Baked Cheesecake
- 50 grams digestive biscuit crumbs
- 100 grams butter
- 900 grams cream cheese
- 250 grams castor sugar superfine
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (320°F).
- Grease a springform cake tin (pan).
- Place on a piece of foil that is larger than your springform cake tin, press the foil up around the sides of the tin to seal tightly.
- Mix the crumbs with melted butter.
- Place the crumbs in the base of the tin and press firmly to form an even layer.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the cream cheese until nice and smooth.
- Add sugar, lemon rind, lemon, and vanilla extract. Beat until nicely blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat just enough to blend properly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, place the tin in the roasting pan and pour 2.5cm hot water to fill the side of the tin.
- Bake for 1½ hours until the cake is golden brown.
- Remove from roasting pan and leave to cool in the tin.
- Use a knife to run it around the edge to loosen cake, then remove it from the tin.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this baked cheesecake recipe!