Arrabbiata is a spicy sauce for pasta made with dried red chili peppers, tomatoes, and garlic cooked in olive oil. It originates from the Lazio region in Italy. Serve on spaghetti, penne, tagliatelle, or the pasta of your choice, topped with some Parmesan cheese.
Recipe for Arrabbiata pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes small
- 50 grams tomato paste
- t tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp crushed chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- Saute onions in heated olive oil for 3 minutes, then add garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to reduce somewhat. Then blend.
- It may be bottled to use within a week.