The simplest apple pie recipe. Apple pie is an all-time American favorite and has deep traditional roots. This recipe shows you step by step how to make the easiest apple pie.
Apple Pie Recipe
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 7 cups apples thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg white
- sugar additional
- pastry for double-crust pie
- Using a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour, and spices, set aside.
- In a large bowl, throw apples with lemon juice. Add the sugar mixture, throw to coat them.
- Line a pie plate with the bottom crust, trim even with the edges. Fill with apple mixture and dot with butter.
- Roll remaining crust to fit the top of the pie, place over the filling. Trim, and seal the edges. Cut slits in crust.
- Beat the egg white until foamy and brush over the crust. Sprinkle with sugar, cover the edges with foil loosely.
- Bake at 190ºC (370ºF) for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack.