Angel food cake is such a versatile cake that can be enjoyed with ice cream or custard among others. This is a very easy to follow recipe. Be sure to let us know how your angel food cake came out!
Angel Food Cake
Easy, quick and versatile angel food cakePin Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups egg whites
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, put all the egg whites, let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sift ½ cup sugar and flour together twice, set aside.
- Place the oven rack in the lowest position.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Add cream of tartar, vanilla essence, almond essence, and salt to egg whites beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining sugar about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- Little by little fold in flour mixture about ½ a cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into a bundt pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake until lightly browned and entire top appears dry 35 to 40 minutes.
- Immediately invert pan, cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around the side and center of the bundt pan, remove cake to a serving plate.
Calories: 201kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 5gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 57mgPotassium: 83mgFiber: 1gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 337IUCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!