These easy sausage rolls prove to be the best for your air fryer.
Air Fryer Pork and Apple Sausage RollsPin Recipe
- 500 gram pork mince
- 1 granny smith apple peeled, grated
- ½ cup grated vintage cheddar
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaf chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry partially thawed
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- tomato relish to serve
- In a medium bowl, mix the following all together - mince, apple, cheddar, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, and half the egg.
- Place one sheet of pastry on a flat surface, and cut it in half to form two large rectangles.
- Leaving 1cm (0.39 inches) edge, spoon ⅓ cup of mince mixture along one long side of each piece of pastry.
- Brush the edges with a little of the remaining eggs.
- Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, and trim the ends.
- Cut each roll into 3 pieces, and place the rolls, seam-side down, on a baking paper-lined tray, repeat with pastry, mince, and eggs.
- Brush the tops of rolls with egg, and score lines into the tops of the rolls with a small knife.
- Sprinkle with fennel and sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper.
- If needed preheat your air fryer to 200°C (392°F).
- Cook sausage rolls, in batches for 12 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve with tomato relish.
Calories: 1469kcalCarbohydrates: 92gProtein: 41gFat: 104gSaturated Fat: 31gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 54gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 655mgPotassium: 622mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 573IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 186mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!