Something sweet for those lovely braai days when you don’t know what to take with you. These mars chocolate pastry bites are the most delicious snacks ever.
Air Fryer Celebration Bites
- 4 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry partially thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 24 mars chocolates unwrapped
- cinnamon sugar for dusting
- icing sugar for dusting
- whipped cream to serve
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 6 rectangles, and brush lightly with egg.
- Place 1 chocolate in the centre of each piece of the pastry, and fold over the pastry to enclose the chocolate.
- Trim pastry, pressing the edges to seal. Place on a baking paper-lined tray.
- Brush tops with a little egg, and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.
- Place a sheet of baking paper in the air fryer basket, making sure the paper is 1 cm (0,39 inches) smaller than the basket to allow air to circulate.
- Place 6 pockets in the basket, being careful not to overlap.
- Cook at 190°C (374°F) for 9 minutes or until golden and the pastry is cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, ad repeat with remaining pockets.
- Dust with icing sugar, and serve warm with whipped cream.